Monday, October 8, 2007

Living Out Loud

On my other blog, Believe It's Possible, I have a list of things I want to be, do and have.

What I want to be:
• an empowering writer
• authentic
• financially free

What I want to do:
• bring fresh new ways to approach our life experience
• empower people
• stimulate thought

What I want to have:
• a rich, full life experience

This past week I provided myself an opportunity to be, do and have everything on this list by making two important decisions.

1). Live authentically
2.) Pursue my writing

The teachings of Abraham-Hicks have profoundly influenced my life and something I heard recently on an Abraham CD prompted me to make these two decisions. Abraham said it was important to make a decision and then line up with your decision. I’ve heard this before on other workshop tapes but when I heard it this time I heard it on a whole new level.

I saw clearly how in the past I would make a decision and then allow the majority of my thoughts to contradict the decision. I would talk about living authentically but I was too afraid of being laughed at, criticized, and misrepresented, etc. to actually do it.

What prompted me to finally make the decisions? My desire to live a big life became greater than my fear of being criticized. By living a big life I mean living in the fullness of who I am and not shrinking so that others will approve of me but instead to live out loud, embracing my life, mistakes and all.

I realized that I wasn’t really living as long as I cared more about what people might think instead of actually sharing my gifts with the world. I have a unique perspective on the world because I’m living it and it’s something that no one else can share because it comes from me; just like you have a unique expression to bring forth that only you can do.

So, how are these decisions allowing me to be, do and have everything on my list?

I can be authentic by living the life I desire and embracing my own beliefs and unique way of seeing the world while allowing others to do the same.

I can be an empowering writer by living authentically and sharing my experiences with all of you.

I can be financially free by following my inner guidance to pursue my writing and other opportunities that are being presented to me.

I can bring fresh new ways to approach our life experience by living my own life authentically and by pursuing my writing.

I can empower people by living a big life and by sharing my insights and experiences.

I can stimulate thought by exploring my own questions and sharing my insights through my writing.

I can have a rich, full life experience by living authentically and by consciously creating my ideal life.

Some interesting developments have occurred since I made these decisions and decided to line up with them. A documentary film crew showed up at our Law of Attraction meeting and asked if they could film the group as part of a documentary they are doing on the Law of Attraction phenomenon. They taped portions of our group discussion, interviewed several of our group members along with all of the group organizers.

The interesting thing is if I was asked to participate even two weeks ago I would have said no but this occurred two days after deciding that I was going to live authentically. I decided to speak from my heart and not to think about how it would be received. I only thought about what I had to contribute to the conversation. We may not even make it into the documentary but it doesn’t matter. What does matter is that I made a decision to speak honestly about my beliefs and I was authentic.

I will point out that this documentary will probably air on a religious network and it has been told to me that the documentary is aiming to debunk the Law of Attraction. Do I care? No. What they do with the documentary is up to them. I feel my role was to give my thoughts on the subject and that is exactly what I did and I did it on camera for the whole world to see. Not allowing that experience would have been out of alignment with my decision to be authentic.

More to come....

No comments: