Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Abraham Hicks Quote for 5/19/09

Rest seems like a nice contrast to overwhelment, but enthusiasm is always chosen over rest. The only thing that ever makes you tired or bogs you down is resistance.
--- Abraham
Excerpted from the workshop in Lincroft, NJ on Tuesday, October 15th, 1996

I mentioned in a previous blog post that I love to take these daily Abraham quotes and use them as personal guidance for the day. I find it's a very good way for me to stay focused on my intentions and it also keeps me in a good feeling place even when I'm poking around in areas where I'm resistant or focused on lack. Today's quote made me think about where I'm resistant in changing my thoughts.

Lately, I have been very focused on changing my thought patterns around money and I'm seeing some pretty significant changes in my finances (all positive). I've been very enthusiastic about making these changes but noticed that over the last few days I've been feeling tired. I didn't think too much about it because the tiredness was not that bad but when I got this quote it made me take another look at the situation.

Because I have been practically laser focused on improving my experience with money, I've also been very conscious of how I'm feeling because your feelings represent what vibration your putting out to the Universe and I want to be deliberate about the vibration I'm sending out. I've been feeling really good about the changes that are happening in my life but after reading this quote I also realized that because I've been consistently at a higher place on the emotional scale (optimism and positive expectation) I am more sensitive to some lower vibrational thoughts I've had over the last few days (doubt and negative expectation). Although they are not dominant thoughts by any means these lower vibrational thoughts are revealing some areas of resistance I still need to work through.

I love that through this quote I was able to see what was happening. Even though the tiredness I was experiencing was mild I was able to see that I still had some resistant thoughts hanging around and was able to redirect before an unwanted manifestation occurred.

No comments: